[FX.php List] Persistent (outdated) Data Disply

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Mon Jul 31 12:16:13 MDT 2006

Not sure if I picked the right subject for this post...

I am wrestling with the problem of Safari not reporting the correct
recently update current values that exist in FMP.

I have a form which updates a handful of data fields.  The update to
FMP is successful (I verify the update in native FMP). However, if I
re-display the form with data populated from FMP, the form shows the
original values for some time instead of the new values.  After
perhaps a minute, Safari will display the updated value, after
repeated reloads.  It drove me crazy during development until I
realized that it was only Safari that was being stubborn.  The
problem doesn't occur in FireFox.

I have thrown everthing bu the kitchen sinnk into the header of the
"lazy" page, inlcuding:
<META HTTP-EQUIV="CACHE-CONTROL" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="EXPIRES"  CONTENT="Mon, 22 Jul 2002 11:12:01 GMT">
<META HTTP-EQUIV="PRAGMA" CONTENT="NO-CACHE">

None of this seems to help.

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Jonathan