[FX.php List] Newbie: Making a form

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Fri Jul 28 14:06:04 MDT 2006

Ed-

I feel for you as I'm new to all this, too.
If you are using POST as your method in your HTML form, you can assign
the posted data to a variable with, for example:

$categories = ($_POST['categories']);

$categories is what you want your PHP variable to be called
and the 'categories' inside ($_POST['categories']) is the name of your
input from your HTML form.
i.e <input type="text" name="categories" etc. etc. etc. >

If your form action is to a different page, it will carry the POST data
over and that's where you would say
$categories = ($_POST['categories']);
(enclosed in <?php  ?> of course)

So- that's how you get it into PHP - and AC's reply will help you get it
into FileMaker.

It's fun stuff once it starts working how you want it to work!

Best of luck!

Alex P. Gates
G&R Publishing Co.
507 Industrial Street