[FX.php List] Multiple Page Forms: Unsetting submit button

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Wed Jul 19 18:39:29 MDT 2006

Moving ahead slooooooooowly with my multiple page form project...

I am using the code (below) for form validation. The code appears on
the top of the form pages.  It uses isset to see if the submit_form
button was set.  The problem is now that I have moved to the second
form page, how do I get the "submit_button" to get unset.  I did try
unset('submit_button'), but I'm unclear whether this is the right way
to go, and if so, where to put the unset command. I feel that I have
to Unset while on the createrecord.php page, just after a succesfull
record creation before, but before the form2.php is loaded.

The pages go: form1.php-->createrecord.php--->form2.php.

Code from form2.php:

<?
// only validate form when form is submitted
if(isset($_POST['submit_button'])){
	$msg='';
	if(trim($_POST['Reg1NameFirst'])==''){
		$msg.="Please enter a First Name.<br>";
	}
	if(trim($_POST['Reg1NameLast'])==''){
		$msg.="Please enter a Last Name.<br>";
	}
	/*
	if(trim($_POST['Reg1Session1'])==''){
		$msg.="Please select a Session.<br>";
	}
	if(trim($_POST["Contact1Email"])=='') {
		$msg.="Please enter an email<br>";
	} else {
		// check if email is a valid address in this format
username at domain.com

	if(!ereg("[0-9a-z]([-_.]?[0-9a-z])*@[0-9a-z]([-.]?[0-9a-z])*\\.[a-z]",
$_POST["Contact1Email"])) $msg.="Please enter a valid email
address<br>";
	}
*/
	// display error message if any, if not, proceed to other processing
	if($msg==''){
		include('form3.php');
		exit;
	} else {