[FX.php List] Best Practices for Forms

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Mon Jul 17 12:12:38 MDT 2006

I suppose that there (at least) are two issues here. The first is
dealing with the original intended question: if with too many fields,
the URL gets so long that it will not work correctly.

The other issue is whether the form gets so long that the *user*
doesn't work correctly, ;-)

If the form is divided up into multiple pages to relief both
conditions, and the intent is to create a new record in FMP, what is
best way to accomplish?   Do you:
	1) Pass the data from page to page and then issue the FMP New
script? This wouldn't help the issue of too many fields, if that
problem actually exists.
	2) Create the new FMP record on the first form page and then
consider the rest of the page actions as edits?  In this case, I
suppose that you have to toss incomplete records.

Jonathan