[FX.php List] Search problems

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Wed Jul 12 08:48:41 MDT 2006

Just to clarify. the 'eq' parameter is working correctly: it is matching the
word "fiction", it's just that FM8 sees "non-fiction" as two words.

You can send any of the special search symbols to FM8 in your search query.
The '=' is an exact match, '==' is a field content match, '.' is a range,
and so on.  If you want a for sure match each time, the paranoid way to set
up the search string is:

$type = '=="' . $_GET['type'] . '"';

$FMQuery->AddDBParam("Category", $type, "eq");

It would be like entering '=="non-fiction"' in a FileMaker client.

Andrew Denman

  _____