[FX.php List] Editing a repeating field using a list menu

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Fri Jul 7 22:44:18 MDT 2006

Hi,

I'm writing an interface that will edit a record which contains a 5-
element repeating field; I want to use a list menu in the form.

I'm having trouble figuring out 2 things:

1) When I try to show the selected value (of the 5 that are in the
value list) I instead get the same selected value shown 5 times in
the list.

2) What do I call the menu form element so that it writes to the
proper repetition?

Here's my code thus far:

<select name="Category">
<?php foreach($vlResult['valueLists']['categories'] as $key=>$value)
{  /* THIS PULLS IN THE VALUE LIST */ ?>
<option value="<?php echo $value; ?>" <?php if($value=$itemData
['Category'][0]){?>selected<?php } ?>><?php echo $value; ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select>

When I remove part of the value list code, as follows, the value list
shows up correctly, but without showing the currently-selected value:

<select name="Category">
<?php foreach($vlResult['valueLists']['categories'] as $key=>$value)
{  /* THIS PULLS IN THE VALUE LIST */ ?>
<option value="<?php echo $value; ?>"><?php echo $value; ?></option>
<?php } ?>
</select>

So how do I show the currently-selected value (as it is stored in the
record)?

If I want to write to Category;0, what do I call the menu?

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954