[FX.php List] Two Servers and FX

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Mon Jul 3 16:20:31 MDT 2006

Hi All,

I have a less-than-ideal client scenario involving an FMUv6 server
(OS X) in one location and a more public web server (Linux) in
another. I am seeking advice on how to best split up my site code. It
seems to me that FX.PHP should be on the FMU box, and the other site
files that refer to it should be on the public web box, but I can't
get my brain around how to do the including and server IP stuff from
one to the other.

Here are my assumptions about having FX on the FMU machine as opposed
to having FX on the web server...

-Less network traffic/latency since FX would be making calls locally
to FMU.
-I can restrict FMU to only accept traffic from its own IP address.

I think my brain is on vacation today, as I can't figure out how to
best implement this. I'd appreciate any advice, or reasons why I
should have FX on the web server instead.

Thanks,
Dale Bengston