[FX.php List] FindAll search is slow !!

Ankur Goyal goyal at biodiversity.unr.edu
Wed Jan 25 15:04:27 MST 2006

Thank you all !

Here is the link to the search page:
http://134.197.41.38/mshcp/references/brrc/search.php

And if you click on "Find all Record" , you will see how slow it
is...:( (it goes to result.php)

This is a Reference database, with two tables:
1. References table: around 75 fields, total 7293 records
2. Authors table: around 7 fields, total 14,798 records

Every reference has a set of authors, and these two tables are joined
together using "reference serial number".

When you search, it goes to a layout called "result.php", which has
only 25 field, all of them, I am using on the result page.

And then, on the result page I'm doing all sort of calculations based
on the citation type, like the sequence of the authors (which comes
from the second table), position of the different fields..etc

Please let me know, if it make sense to you guys, also if you need
any other information. Thanks again.

Ankur