[FX.php List] FMSA7 Searching Calculation fields

Andrew Denman adenman at tmea.org
Wed Jan 11 15:25:55 MST 2006

I have had this problem with calculated fields between tables in FM7 in two
cases:

1. The calculation field is getting values from >1 table in >1 file.  Even
with full access from the web, the calculation fields are blank.  Within
FileMaker, everything works fine.

2. The calculation field is getting values from >1 table from within the
same file BUT ONLY WHEN '[Any New Table]' is set to 'none' under 'View' (all
of this in the 'Define Accounts & Privileges' privilege set editing window
under 'Records'->'Custom Privileges...').  Even if all of the necessary
tables had view privileges set to 'all', if [Any New Table] was set to
'none' it wouldn't work.  Again, everything works fine from within
FileMaker.

In FM8 the problem in #2 has disappeared.

I have not had a chance to test a two file version (#1 above) in FM8 yet,
but I have found no way to make it work in FM7 and from the other replies it
seems we're SOL.  Has anyone tried this FM8 yet?

Also, where are you all submitting these bugs/requests to FileMaker?  I've
searched for some way to submit possible bugs but haven't found anything.

Thanks,

Andrew Denman
TMEA IT Administrator
Phone: (512) 452-0710 x109