[FX.php List] character encoding issue?

Dale Bengston dbengston at preservationstudio.com
Tue Feb 21 08:28:32 MST 2006

Hi Michael,

I hit on something similar. Whenever a user's profile is modified, I
use str_replace to add a modified, searchable version of their email
to another field via FX:
	$username = str_replace('@','|',$_POST['email'])

So, when a user profile record is modified, the email field in FMP
contains a valid email: 'dbengston at domain.com', and the search-in
field has: 'dbengston|domain.com'.

(I could use a calc field and Substitute to have a dynamic version of
this, but that will slow down searches if the number of users gets
big. So I decided to stuff the searchable email into a static,
indexable text field.)

Then I use str_replace again to replace the '@' character in the user-
entered email
	str_replace('@','|',$_POST['user'])

...before I pass it to FMP in the FX login query.

-Dale