[FX.php List] "degrees" symbol

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Wed Dec 20 09:29:57 MST 2006

it sounds like you want to let users type the word degrees and then
store it as a degree symbol in FMP... right?

why would you want to do that? the only reason i can think of is if you
have some users looking at the data in native FMP layouts.

i would think you should just encode the degrees symbol to send it to
FMP through FX.php:

° OR °	OR °

This should do the trick (stores HTML entity in FMP so that when it
comes back out the Web page will show a degree symbol):
 > $instructions2 = str_replace("degrees", "°", $instructions);

As an aside...
look at urlencode() to automatically change degree symbol to entity in
PHP. also, look at htmlentities() which also has a charset parameter.

you'd have to use urldecode() AND/OR html_entity_decode() to get it back
to display as a degrees symbol in a web page.

dan

Alex Gates had written: