[FX.php List] creating an export file - Beautiful!

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Mon Dec 18 09:21:53 MST 2006

Thanks for the referral to Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer, Dale.

It not only works as advertised, it delivers an "exit strategy" for me.

Up until now, my FMP web solution have been administered personally
by me.  Clients had to request data export when it was needed.  That
was OK for my first couple of projects because they were very short
term duration, and I was intimately involved with the projects.

Now, by being able to offer the ability for admin users to export
data to Excel by themselves, I can exit day to day involvement with
the file.  It also will be more palatable for the client, knowing
that they can get the data ad hoc....without their having to have
FileMaker and without my having to allow them direct access to the
file.

This is very exciting.

Next, I need to do that same trick for PDF printing.  Currently, all
my projects involve online data entry but FileMaker-based printing.
Will review archive for recommendations.

Thanks again!

Jonathan Schwartz
FileMaker 8 Certified  Developer
Schwartz & Company