[FX.php List] javascript imagemap disables php header

Joel Shapiro jsfmp at earthlink.net
Mon Dec 4 21:42:29 MST 2006

Thanks Steve
I generally do try to keep Javascript to a minimum on security-
related or other major features, and the procedure in question is not
that crucial.  On a side note, though, since the client's whole
navigation scheme is javascript-based, users won't generally be able
to get to this page if their js is disabled (and yes, I agree with
you that it's therefore not a good navigation system! ;)

I appreciate the words of caution, though.

Best,
-Joel

On Dec 4, 2006, at 8:18 PM, Steve Winter wrote:

> Not wishing to rain on your parade, but if your redirect is of a
> security
> or important functional nature, then remember that it is possible for
> users to have Javascript disabled in their browser, where as a PHP
> redirect is server side, so can't be avoided...
>
> Cheers
> Steve
>
>> aahhh.... perfect solution, Dan.  Thanks so much!!
>>
>> and thanks Kevin for your response, too.  I did in fact have the
>> exit; step after the header, but that didn't help things.
>>
>> Best,
>> -Joel
>>

>> On Dec 4, 2006, at 6:45 PM, DC wrote:
>>
>>> how about a redirect using javascript? don't know if that is an
>>> option... but if you can't beat 'em...
>>>
>>> dan
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org