[FX.php List] Creating summaries on the fly,

Bob Patin bob at patin.com
Tue Aug 22 21:06:19 MDT 2006

Thanks for the reply.

Unfortunately, that won't work, since I have no way of knowing how
many subsummaries there will be, or how many totals there will be for
each category.

I originally thought about doing this in the database itself, but
summarizing in PHP works great. The only catch is these percentages...

At this point I'm not too concerned about the non-Javascript folks;
if they want to use the reports and get all the data, they'll have to
have Javascript. The question is, how to plug a piece of text into a
page.

I know how to populate a form field in JS, but how do I insert a
piece of text somewhere in an HTML (actually of course PHP) page?

Thanks,

bob at longtermsolutions.com

   CONTACT US VIA INSTANT MESSAGING:
      AIM or iChat: longterm1954