[FX.php List] Pointing Clients to correct FM DB based on login info

Jon Montgomery vicepresident at onecliq.net
Mon Aug 21 16:40:17 MDT 2006

On 8/21/06 12:21 AM, "Jonathan Schwartz" <jonathan at eschwartz.com> wrote:

> Jon,
>
> Not sure what you need to do now.  If you are going with 26 runtime files
> running locally, then you are foregoing a web-based solution?

> At 10:49 PM -0500 8/20/06, Jon Montgomery wrote:
>>>

>> Jonathan,
>>     I will have to use 26 DB's.  Each DB will be it's own contest site (music
>> contest).  I do not have enough time to let all sites work online on the
>> contest day. So I will build runtime solutions for each site after directors
>> attending site enters their students.  I thought of the one database with
>> keys, but right now this seems to be the easiest for me.  This is not my main
>> job.
>>     I appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance.
>>
>> Jon
>> --
>> Jon W. Montgomery, Vice President and WebMaster
>> Illinois Grade School Music Association - Southern Division
>> Email at: vicepresident at onecliq.net
>> School email at : jwmontgomery at dqud300.perry.k12.il.us
>> Home phone:  (618) 542-2287
>> School phone:  (618) 542-2646 ext. 1133
>> Web Site:  www.igsmasouth.org

J,
    The web entry is for the 600 plus school to enter their kids in music
contest.  The scheduling will be done by 26 people at their own site.  That
is why the runtimes.  In the past each school used a runtime version and
sent merge files to the 26 sites.  The 26 sites imported them into their
runtime and then scheduled and administered the contest.  The administration
takes a lot of stuff to make work and I don¹t think I can get that ready and
tested in time.  The university that is working with me will be working with
one of the sites so they will try to work out the bugs and next year we may
be able to go the one database way.  Some of the scheduling scripts that I
devised may not work with a data base that contains ALL of the 26 sites in
it.  Some of the scripting may be way above what I am really capable of
doing with my limited FM knowledge, but somehow I was able to make it do
what I wanted.  Lots of extra fluff in the scripting that probably shouldn¹t
be there though.

Jon
Email at: vicepresident at onecliq.net
School email at : jwmontgomery at dqud300.perry.k12.il.us