[FX.php List] Create new records in related table

gerry.charest at agfa.com gerry.charest at agfa.com
Mon Aug 21 09:27:13 MDT 2006

Hi All,

Has anyone had any luck posting a form that produces a parent record and
child records using a single form through a single FMNew() posting?

What I have is a form that is used to create a new record.  This new record
consists of field values from several related records (four really)
accessed through portals.  Each portal is constructed with the "Allow
creation of records in this table via this relationship" .  My thinking
here is that I should be able to create a form that has all the necessary
fields from the parent record and related records or children and as long
as the parent record /field is populated first then related records will be
create as necessary as those fields are entered.  Somebody stop me if I'm
out of my mind.

Also is the proper from to enter data into a portal field,
      $create->AddDBParam($key,$value)
            where $key = "DocMeta::xCaseID"

 I have a feeling my post issue has something to do with knowing what
portal row to interact with but perhaps I'm all wet on this one also.

Best regards
Gerry Charest
Agfa Corporation