[FX.php List] Pointing Clients to correct FM DB based on login info

Jon Montgomery vicepresident at onecliq.net
Sun Aug 20 21:49:54 MDT 2006

On 8/20/06 9:09 PM, "Jonathan Schwartz" <jonathan at eschwartz.com> wrote:

> Jon,
>
> I can whip something up for you.
>
> Are you sure that you are using 26 different files...or do you mean 26
> different tables in one file...or better yet...one file, one table with a key
> to differentiate the different registration categories?

> At 6:18 PM -0500 8/20/06, Jon Montgomery wrote:
>> On 8/20/06 3:59 PM, "Jonathan Schwartz" <jonathan at eschwartz.com> wrote:
>>> Jon,
>>>
>>> Do *you* know what database the registrant should be directed to?  If so,
>>> then Bob's suggestion is an easy way to go.  We also assume the the
>>> registrant is pre-registered with username and password with the target
>>> database name already populated.
>>>
>>> HTH.
>>>
>>> Resident Beginner,
>>>
>>> Jonathan

>> Thanks Bob and Jonathan,
>>     Jonathan, yes I do know which database they should go to.  It is for
>> school music directors and we get so busy teach the music that the
>> administrative stuff is the last thing we want to do so our tendancy is to
>> NOT READ and just do.  I am trying to make it DUMMY PROOF so they cannot make
>> a mistake because something I set up was unclear or they didn't read.
>>     Bob, this is kind of what I thought I should do, however I am still fuzzy
>> on the exact coding but will work with it and see what I can come up with.
>>
>>     Thanks for the quick response.
>>
>> Jon Montgomery
>> --
>> Jon Montgomery
>> Home Phone      618.542.2287
>> Work Phone      618.542.2646 ext. 1133
>> Email           vicepresident at onecliq.net
>> Email           jwmontgomery at dqud300.perry.k12.il.us

Jonathan,
    I will have to use 26 DB¹s.  Each DB will be it¹s own contest site
(music contest).  I do not have enough time to let all sites work online on
the contest day. So I will build runtime solutions for each site after
directors attending site enters their students.  I thought of the one
database with keys, but right now this seems to be the easiest for me.  This
is not my main job.
    I appreciate any help.  Thanks in advance.

Jon
Email at: vicepresident at onecliq.net
School email at : jwmontgomery at dqud300.perry.k12.il.us
Home phone:  (618) 542-2287