[FX.php List] Editing multiple records

robhelleshoj at tiscali.dk robhelleshoj at tiscali.dk
Wed Aug 9 04:38:31 MDT 2006

Hi,
Is there a fast way to edit mutiple records?
I have a list of records, which at the moment can be edited one at a time. There
is a pop-up list in a form and a corresponding submitbutton on each record. The
user changes the value of the popup and then submits.

What the user wants though is to be able to change several pop-ups in the list
and then submit wit one singe button, since this reduces waiting time between
the changes.

The list is made with a foreach loop, where the form is within the loop and thus
repeated for each record. The records are at the moment changed one at a time
based on the recordID and the list is then updated. This takes a couple of
seconds for each update.

I have unsuccesfully been trying to figure out how to collect the content of the
form on each record into one post variable for the whole list. The idea is then
to do a foreach loop on the actual edit-page, where the data in the
corresponding field on the corresponding record is changed, and where another
field - a log - is changed also.

If the for each loop is within the form I ought to get a list of pop-ups all in
the same form with one submit for the whole list. I still need a secure way to
relate this field to the recordID of that specific record (a hidden field in the
form), but the resulting array should be sent to the edit page and then the
changes are made one record at a time in a loop. This should reduce the waiting
 time between the single changes.

I am working on this, and do not have the complete code ready yet. I am open to
suggestions on how to get  this working.