[FX.php List] passing unicode to filemaker

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Mon Aug 7 08:33:12 MDT 2006

so, what you are saying is that you need the actual degree symbol to
appear in filemaker because somebody is looking at it in native
filemaker layout? ah, that is a trick. off the top of my head (no
filemaker right here) you could make a calculated field that looks
like this (probably something wrong with this syntax though)
substitute(fieldname, "&#xB0", "degreesymbol")

i thought you were looking for the data to just be stored there in
FMP. in which case, you don't care what it looks like in a filemaker
field because your ultimate rendering will be in HTML where you can
use ° or the unicode.

when you are able to store the unicode or HTML ° symbol in FMP
and then bring it out with a find request the browser will obviously
render it properly.

i have a feeling i don't have all the puzzle pieces right here though.
dan