[FX.php List] passing unicode to filemaker

Alex Gates alex at gandrpublishing.com
Mon Aug 7 06:39:01 MDT 2006

Still trying to get this to go to FileMaker, but it isn't making the
trip...
As erik suggested, I added this: to my <head> tags

This is the str_replace that I am using in an attempt change "degrees"
to "°".

$recipeinstructions = str_replace(array("degrees"), "°",
$recipeinstructions);

I get a 958 error code (parameter missing) - but if I change "°" to
"foo" I get no error and everything makes the trip.

Also, I get a ? in place of "degrees" when I echo out my recipe
instructions (when trying to replace with "°").

I realize that this ---> "°" is causing my problem... but I'm clueless
as to what format to use to get it to pass.

I know that the ° in Unicode is U+00B0 and &deg in html.

Any suggestions?

Orrrr, would you just recommend using a script in FileMaker to change
degrees to ° after it is in FileMaker?

Alex P. Gates
G&R Publishing Co.
507 Industrial Street