[FX.php List] FM script issues

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Wed Aug 2 22:13:41 MDT 2006

On 3/8/06 1:31 PM, "DC" <dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com> wrote:

> just swinging blind here...did you try the old trick of exiting the
> field you are writing to in a script step?

It's not my script; in fact, it's not even my database. I have access to it,
so I could change it I guess, but it's a complicated script, and I'd be
concerned about messing with it. I'm also not much of an FM scripter, so I'm
not even sure what you mean exactly! Anyway, I'll have a look and get back.
It certainly worked as-is in FMU6, which is puzzling.

As a point of interest, I tried using -script.prefind, which actually worked
the first time, but not subsequently. Because I'm submitting to the db,
'prefind' data doesn't really exist, so that makes sense (except for working
the first time).

More later ...

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.