[FX.php List] FM script issues

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Wed Aug 2 21:09:13 MDT 2006

Hi everyone,

I've solved my recent issue with my web app grinding to a halt because of a
faulty FM script, but now have another issue with the same script. The FX
call triggers the script OK, and it executes fine and does what it's
supposed to, but the text it writes into a particular field is never
returned. No FM or FX errors in sight. If I disable the script call and
reload the page, the text is suddenly returned.

I can't figure out what's going on here. Could it just be FM returning data
before the script has finished running? Personally I doubt it, since
re-enabling the script removes that field's contents again from
$ReturnedData, whereas it already exists at this point and should be
returned anyway if it was just a timing or sync issue.

It all worked happily last year on FMU6, but alas no longer. I could make
another call to the db for just that value I guess, but that's a last
resort.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this e-mail if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this e-mail in error, please notify us immediately and delete the e-mail and all copies.  The College does not guarantee that this e-mail is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and may only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this e-mail are not necessarily those of the College.