[FX.php List] FX Repost

Steve Hannah shannah at sfu.ca
Mon Apr 24 11:56:25 MDT 2006

In general it is good practice to only use POST requests when records
will be modified by the request.  Otherwise GET requests should be
used.  To avoid the case where a POST request is used to return a
result set, I will generally always use GET requests to display
information, and have scripts that use POST to modify information
simply forward (i.e. header('Location: /path/to/results.php') ) to
the GET request to show the results.  With this approach, repost
becomes a non-issue.

Best regards

Steve Hannah