[FX.php List] FMSA8 & FX.php - new install won't connect - SOLVED

Brian Gray brian at briangray.org
Mon Apr 24 11:13:30 MDT 2006

<adenman at tmea.org> on Monday, April 24, 2006 at 11:24 AM -0600 wrote:
>>> I didn’t see this earlier, but the URL is missing the port number and it looks
>>> like it is probably your culprit.

>>> Check the code on your page and ensure you are setting a port number.
>>>  i.e.: $FXObject = new FX(‘207.13.49.11’, ‘80’, ‘FMPro7’, ‘http’);

The missing port number was the culprit.  It turns out that the problem was self-inflicted.
When I was editing server_data.php, I must have created a spelling error on the variable
name for $webCompanionPort.  Although the variable was set to a value of ‘80’, it was
not the variable that index.php was looking for.

Correcting my typing error fixed the problem.  Now, on to learning about the tool…

Andrew - thanks for your time and ideas!

There's no place like 127.0.0.1
Brian Gray
St Stephen's Episcopal School
2900 Bunny Run, Austin TX 78746