[FX.php List] Multiple Login Methods

Andy Gaunt andy at fmpug.com
Fri Apr 21 06:49:18 MDT 2006

Jonathan,

Firstly I would recommend not using the Posted variables in your query, but
rather create variables first. This will help in preventing any potential
malicious code from running as you can verify the contents first.

OK, now onto the email question.

To pass a valid link you are going to have to pass it in the open through
the URL link. This means using the GET method. It would not hurt for you to
use a secondary logon_validate.php page that processes the GET array.

Your link would look like;

http://www.example.com/logon_validate_email.php?username=xxxx&password=xxxx

Now, as you are passing this in the open you will surely want to create new
variables to ensure the integrity of the entries.

--logon_validate_email.php

$username = $_GET['username'];
$password = $_GET['password'];

//Perform checks on values here, such as both are filled in, removing any
unwanted HTML entities etc, even checking the script came from your domain.

//Now perform your FX query
$query->AddDBParam ('username', $username, 'eq');
$query->AddDBParam ('password', $password, 'eq');
$findResult = $query->FMFind();

if ($findResult['foundCount'] == 1) {

Andy Gaunt
T: 407.810.4722
andy at fmpug.com
http://www.fmpug.com

Recipient of FileMaker's 2005 "Mad Dog" Public Relations Award

For chapter locations, dates & times please visit the website at
http://www.fmpug.com If you can make it to a meeting, please RSVP at
http://www.fmpug.com/rsvp.php