[FX.php List] Development under FM8

Greg Lane glane at moyergroup.com
Mon Apr 17 18:45:26 MDT 2006

Hi Steve,

Yes, FMSA is required. I'm not sure what your options are in NZ. FSA
members in the US receive a FileMaker Server 8 Advanced Development
License...which I believe is limited to three users. See:

	http://www.filemaker.com/developers/compare.html

Anyway, assuming your laptop is a Mac, you can certainly use Apache,
PHP, FMSA, and FMPA together. Just be sure to manually stop/start FMS
when the laptop sleeps/wakes. If you use a Windows laptop, you'll
need to use IIS instead of (or perhaps in addition to) Apache.

Greg