[FX.php List] How to Add record to one table and update record in another?

Derrick Fogle derrick at fogles.net
Mon Apr 17 13:54:26 MDT 2006

I posted a response for this on the fmwebshcool.com forum.

There's more than one way to accomplish the task; in the forum I
mentioned being able to add a record via a portal, but I don't
actually do it that way myself.

Having two instances certainly works. One for editing the existing
ticket and one to add a new record for time tracking is how I handle
this in my job tracking system. Just don't end up getting real crazy
and putting instances inside foreach loops that end up driving dozens
of transactions, because you won't be very happy with the speed.