[FX.php List] GD and Filemaker image output?

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Sun Sep 25 19:54:05 MDT 2005

Hi everyone,

I'm desperately trying to get GD working with images we store in a FileMaker
database (please don't tell me not to store them in the database; for
reasons I can't be bothered going in to here, we have to). I'm trying to
generate thumbnails on the fly but am having no luck. I can read the images'
dimensions OK so GD is definitely seeing the images correctly, but for
thumbnails I either get binary output as text on the page (despite sending
the correct Content type header), or nothing at all.

Has anyone ever done this? Or come up with a decent workaround? (Remember, I
have to leave the images in the database, at least at this stage.)

Cheers,
Kevin

PS I'll post some code if necessary, but I'm assuming that anyone who's used
GD with FM successfully will know what I'm talking about at a generic level.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College