[FX.php List] Using one query to feed another

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Tue Oct 18 12:59:15 MDT 2005

you're saying you want to be able to present your field names in a
user-chosen language regardless of what they are named in your database
tables?

cookies would be a good way for you to store a key to each user's choice
for language. use a key to a table in a "multi-lingual fieldnames"
database rather than storing the actual fields in the cookie.

then, starting each session, check the cookie and pull the names from
the multi-lingual fieldnames database.

your database would hold the field names rendered in each language and a
language id field to identify which language from the languages table
(all in tables arranged in proper relational structure, hopefully).

something simple like:
one language record to many fieldnames records

then your process goes: get key from user cookie, use key in find
request, pull results into array for use in your fieldname headings.

dan

Glenn Singleton had written: