[FX.php List] One Button, two forms/scripts?

Jonathan Schwartz jonathan at eschwartz.com
Thu Oct 6 19:13:06 MDT 2005

Hello.

I have an edit page (edit.php) where users fill in a form, click a
refresh button which loads edit_response.php to save the data,
leaving the user on the original edit page to continue editing.  When
they want to leave, they click a separate button (continue), which
delivers them to a thank you page. No processing...just display of
data.

The problem....users who edit and click continue (skipping the step
which saves the data on edit_response, lose their data.  I have tried
to use a warning note, asking users to click refresh button before
leaving...but that fails the ultimate test...the Melanie test.
Melanie is my wife. ;-)

To the question.  How do I have the Continue button run the
edit_response script before heading to the Thank you exit screen.  I
would still kep the Refresh button.

Here is the code for the two buttons:

<form method="post" action="edit_response.php">
<input type="hidden" name="recid" value="<?php echo $recid; ?>">
<input type="image" name="refresh"  src="images/refresh.gif">
</form>

The Thank you/Exit button:

<form method="post" action="approve.php">
   <input type="hidden" name="recid" value="<?php echo $recid; ?>" />
   <input type="image" name="approve" border="0"
src="images/buttoncontinue.gif">
</form>

Thanks!

Jonathan