[FX.php List] RE: Performance issues with FM's xml interface

Gjermund Gusland Thorsen ggt667 at gmail.com
Sat Oct 1 12:14:00 MDT 2005

I use the relationships all over the place,
I do have special layouts for use on web however,
that has been through a special diet.

The diet, the amount of field follow this rule; As few as possible,
but as many as possible. / Less is more.

I believe the performance between FM 6 Unlimited and FM7SA to have a
factor of 20'000, and the difference between FM7SA and FM8SA to be 2-3
times. Now the only potential in speed, compared to OpenSource SQL
servers is about 2%, and that is not worth a change of platform, in
most cases,when you consider the rapid application development that
FileMaker offers.

Gjermund