[FX.php List] did Filemaker through PHP without FMServer come out?

Lynn contax at sbcglobal.net
Wed May 25 11:59:50 MDT 2005

Thanks Chris,

That helps. My ability to describe server requirements leaves a lot to
be desired, I apologize. I'm more of a designer who dabbles in
databases than a technical person.

It looks like CafePHP is almost the product I was hoping for ..
however, I just looked at their site and it says "for windows" ... and
I develop on Mac. Drat. So close and yet so far.

What I was hoping for was just something that would allow me to run
simple databases for small clients, similar to the one I developed for
my other client, that would not require them to secure expensive
FileMaker Server 7 Advanced hosting for them anywhere in the works. It
seems that part is still a necessity, unless I use a PC and get
CafePHP. I'm a die-hard mac user and don't see a switch to a PC anytime
soon.

By the way, I think FX.PHP is fantastic. I may be only using it in the
simplest ways, but it's great!

-Lynn