Subject: [FX.php List] Anyone know how to escape characters?

Rob H. Christensen robhelleshoj at tiscali.dk
Tue May 17 11:57:14 MDT 2005

No Kevin, The typo is from  http://fxdialog.comitas.no/ , where I found that
solution, though I do make many typo's.

In my header it reads:

"<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/html;charset=UTF-8">"

So the problem does not stem from a typo

Helleshoj
Inhouse designer and developer.

> Hi
>
> In an edit page I have a form containing many inputs. Naturally the text
> inserted is in the users language: Danish, using characters like Æ, ø and å
> (&aeling;, &oslash; and &aring;)
>
> In the header of the page there is a tag:
> "<meta http-equiv="content-type" content="text/hrml; charset=UTF-8">"
> Which should cause the Danish characters to be seen correctly.

I'm assuming there's a typo in the HTML line above ("text/hrml" vs
"text/html")? Otherwise, correct it and see if it makes any difference.

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College