[FX.php List] Anyone know how to escape characters?

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Mon May 16 18:34:56 MDT 2005

On 17/5/05 10:08 AM, "Chris Hansen" <chris at iViking.org> wrote:

> Speaking of this, I'm presently working on the next release of FX.php.
> I have been wondering if I shouldn't change the default behavior so
> that FX.php uses POST by to communicate by FileMaker unless otherwise
> configured.  Does anyone see any reason that I shouldn't do this?  Any
> strong opinions one way or the other?
>
> Best,
>
> --Chris Hansen
>    creator of FX.php
>    "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
>    www.iViking.org

Hi Chris,

I for one would support this change, with the ability to reverse it when
necessary. Strictly speaking, GET is for queries and POST is for submitting
data, and that's the way I generally code my forms and pages. Is there a way
you could make POST the default behaviour for certain functions (-new,
-edit) and GET the default for others (-find etc)?

--
Kevin Futter
Webmaster, St. Bernard's College