[FX.php List] Re: FileMaker Error 958

Someone someone at gagayaya.com
Tue Jun 21 17:49:12 MDT 2005

Hi,
I did a bit more research. Below is what I found.
Now does that mean that ALL pages dealing with FMSA need
or is there something in FMSA admin that can be changed.

--------------------------------
 From fmsa7_custom_web_guide.pdf page 25

About URL text encoding
The URLs for accessing XML data and container objects must be encoded
in UTF-8 (Unicode Transformation
8 Bit) format. See “About UTF-8 encoded data” on page 33.
For example, to set the value of the info field to fiancée, you could
use the following URL:
http://server.company.com/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=members&-
lay=relationships&-recid=2&info= fianc%C3%A9e
&-edit
In this example URL, %C3%A9 is the URL encoded UTF-8 representation
of the é character.
For more information on URL text encoding, see the URL specification,
which is available at www.w3.org.
--------------------------------

Tested 2 identical pages except the encoding. Below is what "define
("DEBUG", true);" gave me.

Accessing FileMaker Pro 7 data.

with charset=iso-8859-1

Using FileMaker URL: http://web:hummerweb1@66.96.26.35:80/fmi/xml/
FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=AWID.fp7&-lay=test&-max=50&test=Jes%FAs+Mar%EDa&-
new

Accessing FileMaker Pro 7 data.

with charset=UTF-8

Using FileMaker URL: http://web:hummerweb1@66.96.26.35:80/fmi/xml/
FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=AWID.fp7&-lay=test&-max=50&test=Jes%C3%BAs+Mar%
C3%ADa&-new