[FX.php List] Re: FileMaker Error 958

Jason H Awbrey jawbrey at harmonic-data.com
Fri Jun 17 12:35:17 MDT 2005

I believe the 958 error means there is a parameter in your query
missing. For instance, the database has not been specified or a recid
has not been included if you are editing a record.

Nothing from your previous example jumps out at me as being blatantly
wrong. In the first example the org_phone value is empty. Do you have
validation set on this field to not allow an empty value? Maybe that
would cause WPE to return a 958 error???

Just a thought,
Jason

On Jun 17, 2005, at 1:25 PM, Someone wrote:

> Hi,
> I just got the error again but from an English registration.
> Latin 1 should cover english, french and spanish
> charset=iso-8859-1">
> Plus indexing by default in Filemaker are in English.
>
> Error 958
> Parameter missing (returned only by web-published databases)
> What does that mean?

>> -
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2005 11:31:54 -0700
>> From: Greg Dykema <greg at dykema.net>
>> Subject: Re: [FX.php List] FileMaker Error 958
>> To: "FX.php Discussion List" <fx.php_list at mail.iviking.org>
>>
>> My guess is that your page is encoded in something other than UTF-8,
>> which is the encoding that FMSA requires for web requests. If you
>> haven't specified an encoding, add a line like

>> to the page header. If you already specify a different encoding,
>> change
>> it to UTF-8.
>>

>> greg
>>
>> On Jun 16, 2005, at 8:59 AM, Someone wrote:
>>

>>> Hi,
>>> I'm getting an this 958 error occasionally during FMNew and FMEdit
>>> actions , therefore it was hard to duplicate.
>>> It's running on a Windows 2003 Server box and FMSA is on the same
>>> box.
>>> The site is secure (https) and in 3 languages.
>>>
>>> There are some validations but nothing that should create an error.
>>> Paragraph returns validations for fields, where data comes from <
>>> input type=text>.
>>> I created a new record with the same info in filemaker to see if any
>>> validation alert happened, but nothing.
>>>
>>> I used define("DEBUG", true); and here's  the URLs.
>>>
>>> Accessing FileMaker Pro 7 data.Using FileMaker URL:
>>> http://XXX:XXXXXXXX@XX.XX.XX.XX/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-
>>> db=AWID.fp7&-lay=web_org&-
>>> max=50&organization_name=Solidarit%E9+des+PayXXXX+des
>>> +Orangers&org_phon
>>> e=&-new
>>>
>>> Accessing FileMaker Pro 7 data.Using FileMaker URL:
>>> http://XXX:XXXXXXXX@XX.XX.XX.XX/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-
>>> db=AWID.fp7&-lay=web_contacts&-
>>> max=50&orgID_nbr=&name_first=Marie+GermXXX&name_last=O.+JN-
>>> XXXXXXX&salutation=Mme&position=Pr%E9sidente&home_address1=6%2C
>>> +Impasse
>>> +Gabriel%2C+Rue+Fernand%2C+Canap%E9+Vert&home_city=Port-au-
>>> Prince&home_prov_state=&home_pc_zip=&home_country=Haiti&home_phone=&
>>> hom
>>> e_fax=&email_primary=spohaiti%
>>> 40hotmail.com&language_correspondence=Eng
>>> lish&language_primary=&age_range=26+-
>>> +35&enLACes=Yes&Carrefour=yes&resourceNet=Yes&password=XXXXXXXX&mail
>>> _pr
>>> eferred=Home&member_status=Individual
>>> +Member&category_member=Low&catego
>>> ry_institutional=Low&income=under+US+%2410%2C000+per
>>> +year&age_range=26+
>>> -+35&date_memStart=06%2F11%2F2005&date_memExpiry=06%2F10%
>>> 2F2006&value_s
>>> tatment_ind=Yes&name_preferred=1&-new
>>>
>>> Thanks for the help
>>> Frank