[FX.php List] FMNew with relationships

Chris Hansen chris at iViking.org
Tue Jun 14 13:10:21 MDT 2005

Adam,

Thanks for the kudos =)

It's very likely that you're running into a FileMaker 7 bug.
Basically, Server Advanced has a problem with a related field on a
layout if the related record doesn't exist.  (I'm guessing this would
always be the case when creating a record, since FileMaker doesn't know
if there are any related records until the create it committed.)

At any rate, the workaround is to place all related fields on web
layouts into portals.  A one row portal is fine.  For whatever reason,
this makes things work.  Let me know if this doesn't solve your issue.
Best,

--Chris Hansen
   creator of FX.php
   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
   www.iViking.org

On Jun 14, 2005, at 12:09 PM, Adam Gamble wrote:

>> By change are you working with FM7?  Thanks.
>>
>> --Chris Hansen
>>   creator of FX.php
>>   "The best way from FileMaker to the Web."
>>   www.iViking.org
>>
>> On Jun 13, 2005, at 7:28 PM, Adam Gamble wrote:
>>

>>> Here is the problems i'm having I have a layout that contains fields
>>> from several different tables. I want to create a record in this
>>> table that also puts values in the fields that have a relationship
>>> to that table. Even though the data returned back from fx.php shows
>>> the field LineItem::product when i try to place data in the field it
>>> says that the field isn't there.
>>>
>>> So the question is it possible to create a new record and it also
>>> create a new record on the tables that have a relationship to the
>>> original one that is contained in the layout?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>> Adam
>>> FX.php_List mailing list
>>> FX.php_List at mail.iviking.org