[FX.php List] Defining a Sort Order - ASC or DESC

Dave Strickler dstrickler at mailwise.com
Mon Jun 6 11:12:19 MDT 2005

Ah, that's why I'm missing it! I'm still on lowly v5.5 here. Debating on
an upgrade, and weighing the pains associated with it.

Dave Strickler
MailWise LLC
617 267-0044 x810
www.mailwise.com

>>> bastille at arsc.edu 6/6/2005 12:45:28 PM >>>
Dave,
You can specify the order with a second parameter to AddSortParam() :

$query->AddSortParam('my_field','descend');
$query->AddSortParam('my_other_field','ascend');
$query->AddSortParam('my_custom_field','value_list_name');
$result=$query->FMFind();

Note that only FMPro 7 supports using the name of a value list like
this (according to the docs, FM 5/6 use 'custom' and whatever value
list is associated with that field in the layout).

Derek