[FX.php List] PHP Notice: Object of class FX_Error to string conversion

Micah Desjardins Micah.Desjardins at asu.edu
Thu Jan 13 13:20:35 MST 2005

Hi all,

I'm in the midst of setting up Filemaker 7 Server Advanced and FX.php for about the third time.  I'm running into a snag and I'm not sure what might be causing it.  I've googled as well as checked my archives of this list but I haven't seen this error before -

My test code for FX.php code keeps generating errors and I can't seem to get to the bottom of it.

These are the errors listed in the php error log:

PHP Notice:  Object of class FX_Error to string conversion in /Library/WebServer/Documents/FX7/FX.php on line 883

PHP Fatal error:  Cannot use object of type FX_Error as array in /Library/WebServer/Documents/mdj/test.php on line 20

I searched my archives of this list as well as looking on the web and I can't seem to find any information on these particular errors in regards to FX.php.  Any and all assistance is appreciated.

Micah
--------

Background, Server, Filemaker, PHP and FX.php configuration information and code from the page that generated this error.

2 Servers
XServe G5  - Mac OS X 10.3.6

- One running Filemaker Server Advanced
- One runs Apache (1.3.33), PHP (5.01 www.entropy.ch release) and the Web Publishing Engine for FMSA.

Filemaker and the Web Publishing Engine are playing nicely together. I can generate XML using a URL request to the web publishing engine just fine.

In other words this works:
http://myserver.edu/fmi/xml/fmresultset.xml?-db=RosterManager.fp7&-lay=Courses&-findall

Here's what my code looks like:
-------Begin code---------
<code>
<head>
</head>

<?php
include_once('FX.php');
include_once('server_data.php');
include_once('FMErrors.php');

$testInstance = new FX($serverIP,$webCompanionPort);
$testInstance->setDBData('RosterManager.fp7','Courses');
$testInstance->SetDBPassword('xxxxxxx','admin');

$instanceResult = $testInstance->FMFindall();

?>

Found Count: <?php echo $instanceResult['foundCount']; ?> <br>
Error Code: <?php echo iInstanceResult['errorCode']; ?> <br>
<?php
foreach ($instanceResult['data'] as $key => $instanceData)
{
?>
Course Name: <?php echo $instanceData['CourseName'][0]; ?> <br>
<?php
}
?>
</code>
--------End code-----

I have modified FX.php from it's original state by changing the following line

Line 50:     var $dataServerType = 'FMPro5/6';
Changed to:     var $dataServerType = 'FMPro7';

I have modified php.ini by changing the following lines:

Line added-
Line 409: error_log = syslog
Line added-
Line 491: include_path = ".:/Library/WebServer/Documents/FX7:/Library/WebServer/Documents"

Micah DesJardins