[FX.php List] Globals and FileMaker 7

Michael Layne fx at 9degrees.com
Mon Jan 3 13:57:56 MST 2005

I'm have a similar problem, but I need to modify globals for the entire
solution.  The only way I can successfully edit globals and have my
changes show up is to open the database locally with FMP, change the
globals, and reopen the files in Server.  I wish this was different!

As for PHP sessions...

first, have this at the very beginning of every page:
<?
session_start();
header("Cache-control: private"); //IE 6 Fix

then simply assign variables like this:
$_SESSION['id'] = $data['id'][0];

// this is from your $result of an FMFind(), FMNew(), etc...

	$result = $query->FMFind();
	$data = current($result['data']);

then call your variable whenever you need to:
$myid =  $_SESSION['id'];

This is all using FM7SA, Apache 1.3, PHP 4.3, and lovely Mac OS X 10.3.

Hope this helps.

Michael Layne  :  9 degrees development  :  www.9degrees.com  :
404.226.7835