[FX.php List] FileMaker 7/8 and PHP WITHOUT FX.php?

Thomas Myers tmyers at itainc.com
Fri Dec 2 10:10:19 MST 2005

>So, I work in an environment that has both FileMaker lovers and
>haters. I had hoped our web developers would work with us and our FM
>databases to get them on the web with php. They currently use lots
>of php with MySQL. Today the lead developer told me he doesn't
>really want to use FX.php and wants us to find a way to use the XML
>out of FileMaker without the FX library. Don't ask me what his deal
>is... I come from the old CDML school of FM on the web and am just
>starting to get interested in using php instead. I had hoped we
>FileMaker folks could use FXForge to create to basics of our sites
>and get the "web team" folks to help dress them up later. Anyway, I
>need to meet with him next week and explain why I want to use FM and
>FXphp for our solutions. My answer right now would be because that's
>what most of the FM community is using! But I don't think that will
>be enough for him.
>
>Thanks for any advice!
>
>Elleni

You might want to show them this from the latest readme.

FX.php is a PHP class which parses the XML output by FileMaker Pro's web
companion into a multi-level array which is easily manipulated using PHP.
Records can be searched, edited, created, and deleted.  In addition,
a number of
other actions can be performed including script execution, and opening and
closing databases.
--
Thomas Myers - ITA,Inc.
(585)889-9119
5 Wood Sorrel                mailto:tmyers at itainc.com
Rochester, NY 14624          http://www.itainc.com

C/C++, Photoshop Plug-Ins, Filemaker, Filemaker Plug-ins, Visual
Basic, Real Basic, SCSI, Firewire, USB, Applescript, XML, Filemaker,
TWAIN, Quicktime, Mac/Win cross platform solutions.