[FX.php List] FileMaker 7/8 and PHP WITHOUT FX.php?

Elleni B Fellows ebf at umn.edu
Fri Dec 2 08:14:11 MST 2005

Thanks Matt. You all are giving me more information to use in my
discussion. My biggest reason to continue to use FileMaker is that users
want to have desktop interactions with their data that are not via the
web! While they need to share some amount of information on the web
outside of their core groups, they really like being able to do "stuff"
to their systems on their own with or without IT assistance. The web
team's php/MySQL solutions do not allow the end users to be flexible and
create reports on the fly, etc., let alone change their minds over time
and re do things.

Any other tidbits from this group's experience will be much appreciated!

Thanks again,

Elleni

--
<http://www.elleni.com> 	*Elleni B. Fellows*
/IT Professional/, CLA-OIT <http://www2.cla.umn.edu/admin/claoit/>

-- /Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy/, Douglas Adams
<http://www.douglasadams.com/>, 1952-2001