[FX.php List] [ANN] New Version of FX.php -- "The Best Way from
FileMaker to the Web"
chris at iViking.org
Tue Aug 30 11:27:00 MDT 2005
[ANN] New Version of FX.php -- "The Best Way from FileMaker to the Web"
August 30, 2005 - DevCon - Announcing version 4.1 of FX.php! FX.php is
a free, open-source PHP class that works with FileMaker data via the
The latest version can be downloaded for free (as always) from:
A large number of people have contributed to FX.php, and recent
contributions and feedback from the community have helped to make
version 4 the best FX.php release ever. Version 4.1 is a maintenance
release and includes the following changes:
* An updated version of FX Parser by Lance Hallberg. (Thanks Lance!)
* Added a function to more easily handle globals
* Added a function to more easily add/edit portal rows.
* Fixed a minor bug related to CAFEphp support. (Thanks to the folks
at FMWebschool for catching this!)
Please visit the following URL for the complete list of new features:
FX has been around since 2001, and in that time, it's been downloaded
nearly 20,000 times.
Using PHP to serve your FileMaker data has a number of advantages:
- PHP is free and cross-platform
- Numerous, powerful, and widely varied functions
- Excellent on-line Documentation (see www.php.net/manual/en/)
- Numerous books on the subject
- PHP is fast
For more information on FX, please visit www.iViking.org, and follow
the link on the front page. For answers to your questions, send e-mail
to FX at iViking.org. A very supportive community has grown around
FileMaker Pro and FX.php, and this latest release is a tribute to that
community. Thanks and enjoy!
More information about the FX.php_List