[FX.php List] Testing if filemaker is up...

Adam Gamble adamgamble at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 10:34:52 MDT 2005

function isFmUp() {

    $fx=new FX($GLOBALS['serverIP']);

    $fx->SetDBUserPass($GLOBALS['userName'],$GLOBALS['passWord']);

    $fx->setDBData('Main.fp7','Web.Contact');

    $Data = $fx->FMFindAny(false);

    if (FX::isError($Data)) {

     return false;

    } else {

        return true;

    }

}

I have this function to test whether filemaker is up or not. because people
have the habit of leaving it off. This only seems to work if the actual IP
is unreachable though. Is there a better way to test that the actual service
is down but the computer is still up. FMS7A is what we're using, thanks :-)

Adam