[FX.php List] creating an export file

DC dan.cynosure at dbmscan.com
Fri Apr 29 10:02:44 MDT 2005

Thanks for the reply!
inline below...

Dale Bengston had written:
> Dan, I'm sorry I haven't gotten as far as using insertBitmap() with
> Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer. Can you get it to work with a static graphic,
> just to know that's working at all?

yes. i created a BMP with graphic converter and i was able to insert it.
i can't tell you how cool that is!

> Maybe it's a timing issue. Is php done creating the bmp before
> Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer tries to load it?

great idea! i'll check that. though i'm pretty sure it is an error in
the conversion using the PHP image tools. the file that gets created
isn't really a BMP AFAICT. i tested just writing it to file so there
must be something wrong with the conversion functions or with my source
file - eg wrong color depth or dpi...

i'm going to try something like imagemagick to see if i can work around
this.

Are the permissions to the
> BMP directory set to allow access by Spreadsheet_Excel_Writer?

yes, perms are set properly to allow file writing by the www group. i
actually get a file but it is not a bmp.

> I'm fishing here. Hope this helps,
> Dale

yes, that helps. thanks.
dan