[FX.php List] Problems with linkNext/linkPrevious

Kevin Futter kfutter at sbc.melb.catholic.edu.au
Mon Sep 27 18:15:53 MDT 2004

Hi everyone,

I'm relatively new to both FX.php and PHP itself, so forgive me if I sound
ignorant of the obvious.

I'm having problems getting linkNext and linkPrevious to work as advertised,
on 2 different systems, platforms and databases (I tried it both at work and
at home). I'll describe the work scenario.

The code I'm using is this:

<?php
echo "<a href=\"" . $ReturnedData['linkNext'] . "\">Next</a>";
?>

But clicking the 'Next' link just reloads the page with the same data. After
running print_r($ReturnedData), the output I get for linkNext seems
incorrect:

[linkNext] => /about/staff/staff.php?skip=50&

I'm convinced I'm doing something wrong somewhere, as the FXExamples.php
file works flawlessly.

Can anyone explain or guess at what I might be doing wrong?

Cheers,
Kevin Futter