[FX.php List] Sorting with FM7SA FX.php - CaSe SeNsItIve

Michael Layne fx at 9degrees.com
Tue Dec 28 13:45:49 MST 2004

FYI,

I had a problem adding a 'AddSortParam' to my query.  In
troubleshooting, I discovered that this parameter was my problem, so
looking at my URL I got:

http://127.0.0.1:80/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=wcamper&-lay=web&-
max=20&-sortfield=lastName&-sortorder=ascend&-findall

errorCode = 5

upon looking at how the IWP in FM7 worked, I compared strings:

http://127.0.0.1:80/fmi/xml/FMPXMLRESULT.xml?-db=wcamper&-lay=web&-
max=20&-sortfield.1=lastName&-sortorder.1=ascend&-findall

errorCode = 0

Notice a difference?  Upon comparing the FX.php files in Chris' latest
example, this was the only difference:

Chris/Correct:
     var $dataServerType = 'FMPro7';

This I had copied form another example:
     var $dataServerType = 'fmpro7';

once I matched the case EXACTLY, my sort parameter was accepted.

Hope this helps someone,

Michael Layne
9 degrees development