[FX.php List] FX and FM14

Roger Moffat rogerkiwi at mac.com
Mon Nov 9 13:20:02 MST 2015

> On Nov 9, 2015, at 1:43 PM, Jon Montgomery <fxphp at igsmasouth.org> wrote:
>
> Chris Hansen stated in one of my posts that FileMaker Server 14 likes it’s OWN instance of Apache.  Left all the port numbers the same when I reinstalled FMS14, then, in searching some info online with this issue, I moved my website to:
>
> On the Mac:
>
> Library-> Filemaker Server-> HTTPServer->  htdocs

Is there an httpd.conf file that controls that Apache so that things like Virtual Hosts can be setup as is currently the case in the Mac OS X Apache server?

Currently I run a 2 machine setup with Apache on one and FileMaker Server 12 on the other. They’re both Mac minis running Mac OS X 10.9

The Apache is dealing with over 30 virtual hosts, and 4 of them interact with FileMaker Server on the other machine.

I’m still on Server 12 (even though with our subscription I have access to Server 13 and now Server 14) for fear of things breaking, and this seems way more likely to break things than anything else I’ve heard about?

Is it now recommended/compulsory that it be a single machine setup?

Thanks!

Roger