[FX.php List] FileMaker Server 14 and FX.php

Troy Meyers tcmeyers at troymeyers.com
Thu May 21 11:53:44 MDT 2015

Chris,

I'm just now setting up a FileMaker Server 14 for testing with the goal of switching to it. I skipped switching to Server 13 even though we are using FMP and FMPA 13 and Go 13. So, the most modern Server setup is with FMS 12, and using the FMAlt data type with FX.

I'll be using Server 14 as a single-machine setup, but have FX and Apache and PHP on a separate Mac-mini machine that pulls the data out of Server 14 via XML. That is, not using FileMaker's web server setup, other than for supplying the XML.

So that I'm using the most appropriate components for the test, what version FX, what version PHP should I get? I expect mine are "dated". I need a PHP that has GD (I think that's what it's called). If there is something specific you'd like for me to test with, let me know.

-Troy