[FX.php List] Needing to roll back to earlier version of 5.2

Head Honcho headhoncho at customikesolutions.com
Mon Mar 30 03:56:53 MDT 2015

HI Bob,

You don't need to "uninstall" 5.3, you just need to tell apache where the new install of 5.2 is (when you find an installer).  [BTW. no idea if this works, but it seems a logical place to start: <http://www.imthi.com/blog/linux/compile-and-install-php-528-on-mac-os-x-1056-leopard.php>)

I recently _upgraded_ one of my installs to the latest php and then went to the httpd.conf file and changed the location of the module to the new one.

in my case the new version of php "lives" in usr/local/php5/libphp5.so

so the line I changed ended up being LoadModule php5_module ../../usr/local/php5/libphp5.so

Then restart apache (gracefully).

Hope this helps.

Regards

Michael Ward
--
Head Honcho, CustoMike Solutions
Member, FileMaker Business Alliance & FileMaker Technical Network
headhoncho at customikesolutions.com